- Mystery Bridge Nr. 24: The Red Rock Bridges
- Newsflyer: 15 May 2013
- Waldo-Hancock Bridge Coming Down
- Traer Bridge to be replaced by loggers.
- Name that bridge type: A mystery bridge made of salt.
- Loving ode to bridge poets: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Waldo Hancock Suspension Bridge coming down- but how?
Tag Archives: Kentucky
Hope for Mercer County Bridge built by a prominent Kentucky bridge builder Subtracting Lexington, Louisville and Frankfort, the state of Kentucky is one of many US states that have only a handful of truss bridges left. Mercer County is one … Continue reading
There is a proverb that was passed down to the author by a friend of mine from Minnesota during a bridgehunting tour a couple years ago: Taking care of a valuable thing in life can prolong its life. Sadly, as … Continue reading
This mystery bridge article starts off with a pop quiz- three questions to be exact: 1. What bridges do you know that are named after a politician? 2. Which was the very first bridge that was named after a … Continue reading
Side view of the bridge. Unless noted, the following photos are courtesy of Jonathan Parrish, used with permission. Author’s note: This article is in connection with the series on the Historic Bridge Conference, which took place in Indiana during … Continue reading